Evening Gorgeous Sisters of mine!
I’m gonna skip the Bible study I originally had in mind for you to do a little task and then we’ll wrap it up nicely tomorrow :) Someone told me they didn’t know what a Proverbs 31 woman was so with a little help from Proverbs 31 Ministries, I came up with this list:
We want to encourage women to serve God in every aspect of their lives. Here are 10 Virtues of the Proverbs 31 Woman:
- Faith - A Virtuous Woman serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul. She seeks His will for her life and follows His ways. (Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 31: 29 – 31, Matthew 22: 37, John 14: 15, Psalm 119: 15)
- Marriage – A Virtuous Woman respects her husband. She does him good all the days of her life. She is trustworthy and a help meet. (Proverbs 31: 11- 12, Proverbs 31: 23, Proverbs 31: 28, 1 Peter 3, Ephesians 5, Genesis 2: 18)
- Mothering - A Virtuous Woman teaches her children the ways of her Father in heaven. She nurtures her children with the love of Christ, disciplines them with care and wisdom, and trains them in the way they should go. (Proverbs 31: 28, Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 22: 6, Deuteronomy 6, Luke 18: 16)
- Health – A Virtuous Woman cares for her body. She prepares healthy food for her family. (Proverbs 31: 14 – 15, Proverbs 31: 17, 1 Corinthians 6: 19, Genesis 1: 29, Daniel 1, Leviticus 11)
- Service - A Virtuous Woman serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighbors with a gentle and loving spirit. She is charitable. (Proverbs 31: 12, Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20, 1 Corinthians 13:13)
- Finances - A Virtuous Woman seeks her husband’s approval before making purchases and spends money wisely. She is careful to purchase quality items which her family needs. (Proverbs 31: 14, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 18, 1 Timothy 6: 10, Ephesians 5: 23, Deuteronomy 14: 22, Numbers 18: 26)
- Industry – A Virtuous Woman works willingly with her hands. She sings praises to God and does not grumble while completing her tasks. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 24, Proverbs 31: 31, Philippians 2: 14)
- Homemaking – A Virtuous Woman is a homemaker. She creates an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love for her family and guests. She uses hospitality to minister to those around her. (Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20 – 22, Proverbs 31: 27, Titus 2: 5, 1 Peter 4: 9, Hebrews 13: 2)
- Time - A Virtuous Woman uses her time wisely. She works diligently to complete her daily tasks. She does not spend time dwelling on those things that do not please the Lord. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 19, Proverbs 31: 27, Ecclesiastes 3, Proverbs 16: 9, Philippians 4:8 )
- Beauty – A Virtuous Woman is a woman of worth and beauty. She has the inner beauty that only comes from Christ. She uses her creativity and sense of style to create beauty in her life and the lives of her loved ones. (Proverbs 31: 10 Proverbs 31: 21 – 22, Proverbs 31: 24 -25, Isaiah 61: 10, 1 Timothy 2: 9, 1 Peter 3: 1 – 6)
I understand most us aren’t really ‘at that stage’ in our lives but I want to point a key verse from Proverbs 31 that says
“She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.”
Notice the word ALL? In order for us to become Virtuous woman, we have to WORK for that title! We don’t suddenly wake up one morning and have all the qualities you want, and become suddenly emotionally ready for a relationship or even to step into marriage God is not our Genie, stop wishing your life away and really WORK, show God you want it badly enough to make a change and he surely with honor that. It doesn’t start next week or when you turn a certain age, start NOW make it a habit, make it you’re lifestyle, do NOT conform to the standards of Men and this work you are Princesses, Daughters of a risen king!!! Act like it!! Be virtuous!! Be a woman DRENCHED, SOAKED & MARINATED in Proverbs 31!!
After you read those, and really think about some of those scriptures, finally turn your Bibles to Proverbs 31 and take a read, and yes you guessed it, I can’t stress how important Prayer is so go and pray be patient and listen to what God says!
I love you guys so much, seriously, you have NO idea how much. You all make my day, Have a blessed night and you are all forever in my prayers! (If you want anything to be specifically prayed for feel free to message me! I don’t bite at all! I’m just a 15 year old, with a passion for God! :D) xXx
It’s up ladies!